Position Type: Full Time
Brian Patten and Associates is a full-service business consulting firm which specializes in assisting organizations in the explanation and enrollment of core and ancillary employee benefits. The Benefit Specialist is responsible for driving, implementation, and administration of long-term benefits strategies for employee Health, Life, and Welfare benefits. They need to be a creative strategist who thrives on constant improvement and also possesses strong leadership skills. Furthermore, this individual must also be an experienced leader in communications strategy to deliver clear insightful benefits communications to our diverse clientele
- Manage daily operations of enrolling to ensure appropriate customer service levels are maintained.
- Responsible for communication of all education materials, open enrollment process, etc.
- Implement effective communication strategies on a daily/weekly meeting.
- Report daily/weekly results with the executive team. Analyze claims activity results toestablish trends, identify opportunities and determine areas of concerns.
- Manage Leave of Absence in compliance with company policies and make sure that all handbook rules are followed at all times.
- Ensure compliance with all Federal and State laws governing benefits.
- 3+ years of progressive experience in Benefits Education.
- Expert administrator of health, life, disability, 401(k), Pension, and Benefit Plans.
- Ability to work on multiple projects, adjusting shifting priorities with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills, able to communicate to all levels of employees within the corporate and executive levels of the benefits profession.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Business, Public Health, Human Resources Management or related field.
- Licensed in Life, Accident, and Health.